Request for Expressions of Interest
ENHANCING VOCATIONAL TRAINING DELIVERY FOR THE POWER SECTOR IN NIGERIA
The National Power Training Institute of Nigeria – NAPTIN, through the Federal Government of Nigeria, has received a grant from the European Union (EU) as a blend to the French Development Agency (AFD) financed project on “Enhancing vocational training delivery for the power sector in Nigeria”, and intends to use the funds thereof for services of
experienced expert consultants with adequate references.
Above project is constituted by three inter-linked and dependent components:
1) Product Development, i.e. creation of a world-class vocational training program.
2) Development of the necessary support infrastructure, i.e. of facilities and their equipment.
3) Corporate Development, i.e. creation of the necessary Corporate Governance and management structure to support the scope of the program.
The Services of the consultant for the present request shall consist of a residential Technical Assistance for component 3:
"CONSULTING SERVICES FOR ORGANIZATIONAL, ADMINISTRATIVE & FINANCIAL ENHANCEMENT OF THE NATIONAL POWER TRAINING INSTITUTE OF NIGERIA (NAPTIN) IN ORDER TO ENHANCE VOCATIONAL TRAINING DELIVERY FOR THE POWER SECTOR”
The Consultant will support NAPTIN corporate development in achieving the overall objectives by contributing to the success of the Power Sector reform and its positive impact on economic development, job creation and population well-being by providing to power sector stakeholders skilled workforce adapted to their needs and capacity building.
The Consultant will support NAPTIN corporate development and organizational transformation into a sustainable and business-oriented training provider with a globally benchmarkable Corporate Governance structure. The services will include, but not
necessarily be limited to:
- Support NAPTIN in a top-to-bottom reform of Corporate Governance, Procedures and Policies to transform into a business-oriented institution.
- Support NAPTIN in implementing a complete business process automation and digitization of its core business functions to achieve better efficiency, accountability, transparency and improved productivity.
- Support NAPTIN in involving power sector companies (both public and private) in NAPTIN governance and decision-making systems as institutionalized stakeholders.
- Support NAPTIN in corporate governance and cultural change.
- Support NAPTIN in establishing a robust Financial Model and balanced budget framework.
- Support NAPTIN in Implementing a Standard Accounting and Management Information and Reporting systems.
- Support NAPTIN to strengthen and sustain public and private investment, and ensure a viable economic (business) model that generates public and private revenues as well as revenues from individuals/trainees among others through:
• increase patronage of its training and services by private sector companies.
• increase NAPTIN’s revenue and sources of revenue.
- Support NAPTIN in developing a training program for managers of Headquarters (HQ) and Regional Training Centers (RTC) as ongoing program under HR talent management concept.
- Support NAPTIN in building an e-learning network structure of NAPTIN’s RTCs with responsibilities divided over HQ and the RTCs.
- Support NAPTIN in establishing relationships between public vocational training stakeholders and private companies on a national (strategic), territorial (regional) and operational (training device) level.
NAPTIN hereby invites qualified consultants to show their interest in delivering the Services described above.
Eligibility criteria to AFD’s financing are specified in sub-clause 1.3 of the “Procurement Guidelines for AFD-Financed Contracts in Foreign Countries”, available online on AFD’s website www.afd.fr.
Interested consultants must provide information evidencing that they are qualified and experienced to perform those Services. For that purpose, documented evidence of recent and similar services shall be submitted.
If the consultant is a Joint Venture (JV), the Expression of Interest shall include a copy of the JV Agreement entered into by all members. Alternatively, a letter of intent to execute a JV Agreement in the event of a successful proposal shall be signed by all members and submitted with the Expression of Interest, together with a copy of the proposed Agreement.
Determination of the similarity of the experiences will be based on:
- The contracts’ size;
- The nature of the Services
• Detailed Development of new Procedures and Polices.
• Change Management
• Business Model and Financial Monitoring and Reporting
• Marketing Policy and Customer Management
- The technical areas and expertise
• Institutional and organizational development.
• Change management.
• Information management systems.
• Process and procedures for public services institutions in training delivery.
Experience in projects related to TVET within the electricity sector will be considered as an advantage.
The location of the project is in Nigeria, more precisely in Federal Capital Territory (Abuja), Lagos State (Akangba and Ijora), in Rivers State (Afam), in Plateau State (Jos), in Niger State (Kainji), in Kaduna State (Kaduna), in Kano State (Kano) and Enugu State (Oji).
NAPTIN will, for the evaluation of the applications, also take into account the following items:
- Skills and availability of in-house technical back-up experts provided to the on-site
- Certifications of the Consultant (quality, environmental, social).
Among the submitted applications, NAPTIN will shortlist a maximum of 6 consultants, to whom the Request for Proposals to carry out the Services shall be sent.
Expressions of Interest must be submitted to the address below no later than
Friday, 11th January, 2021 at 12:00.
Attn: Adekunle Oyenusi.
PIU OFFICE, Room 23, 3rd Floor
NAPTIN Corporate Headquarters,
Plot 21, Cadastral Zone, Idu Industrial Layout, Abuja, Nigeria.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address above during office hours
from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.