This scheme is currently covering only technicians/professionals of off-grid solar PV systems,but will gradually be extended to other clean technology professionals. The regional certification scheme is designed to test the competencies of candidates. Candidates who will demonstrate the requisite skills, abilities, and knowledge typically required in installing and maintaining off-grid solar PV systems in this competency-based examination will be awarded the credentials of the Regional Certification Body ( RCB) . The paramount process for getting certified is illustrated in the figure below.
The stages of the competency-based examination are practical and written as illustrated in figure below. An applicant can only be certified after passing the written and practical examination. The examinations are designed to assess the competencies of the candidates based on the JTA.
List of competencies covered by the ESCES Scheme for off-grid solar PV technicians/professionals:
• Working Safely with Photovoltaic Systems
• Understanding Solar Energy and PV Systems Basics
• Understanding PV System Design
• Installing Mechanical and Electrical PV Components
• Installing Cables,Connectors and Protective Devices
• Completinng System Installation,Testing and Commissioning
• Conducting Maintenance and Troubleshooting Activities
In brief,it requires that an applicant must be at least 18 years of age:
• with at least two (2) years of practice as a solar technician; or
• with at least two (2) years of practice as an electrician; or
• Applicants holding Diploma,Bachelor,Master degree and beyond in fields of engineering,or architecture are also eligible for programme.
• NB: It is recommended that all applicants review sample examinations that can be found here
Written Examination: http:/www.ecreee.org/certification
Practical Examination: https://youtu.be/xEvPEdBkKYM
DATES AND PLACE OF EXAMINATION
Deadline for submission of application: 21st September 2019
Date of written examination: 23rd September 2019 at National Power Training Institute of Nigeria (NAPTIN),Abuja
Date of the practical exam: 24-26th September 2019 at NAPTIN,Abuja,Nigeria
Apply on our Training Portal and also
• Please fill the regional certification application form and submit online at Application Form or
NB: The registration fee is 80,000 Naira.
Click below to Download the Brochure for more details